Thursday, August 6, 2015

We made it to LONDON!!

     We flew into the London Heathrow airport on Saturday morning! I can't believe we will be living here for the rest of the year. We are just 30 minutes west of London in a town called Reading (pronounced Redding). It all seems so unreal to me still. 
     
     I've been into the city twice since getting here. First with my husband Phil and then yesterday with my friend Mairin and some of her family who are here visiting. It's been a BLAST already and I am loving every second of it. I've probably never walked more in my life. That being said I probably still haven't walked off all of the delicious sweets I've been eating.. oops. See incredible doughnut picture below. 
   I wanted to share a few pics from our (I want to say trip but it's not really a trip) stay so far.  They are all just iPhone pictures so not the best quality, I'm hoping to get my real camera out for our next trip to the city.  

LONDON BRIDGE ^

Our little flat ^


Not a good pic of me but who cares when that is the BACKGROUND!!?

 Buckingham Palace ^ There was a bike race going on through Hyde Park so it was soooo busy, we'll be back on a less crowded day hopefully.

 Our little train station that takes us right to Paddington Station in London.
P.S. before we came here I totally watched the Paddington Bear movie haha!

 This is his go to picture pose because he doesn't have to look at the camera and smile :) It's cute though so I'll take it.^


We joke that Phil is prince Philip, they both even spell it with only one L, how fitting ^

 This was the view I walked up to right out of the underground Westminster station, totally breathtaking

London Eye ^ 

 You bet this was my first stop after dinner, I can't pass up frozen yogurt especially if it's in a hot pink 2 story bus duh!! ^ 





 The paper money is pretty easy but the coins I'm having such a hard time with. I actually studied them today while counting all of them that we have gathered up already, all 24 pounds worth! ^ 



Mairin introduced me to these at Borough Market and I will never be satisfied with a doughnut again. 



Aaaaand my favorite picture. It happens to be a pub and they randomly serve the most delicious Thai food. I will definitely be going back, especially since they only serve the masaman curry on the weekends, how rude. ^ 

 photo siggy_zps07ba18a6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment