photo Aboutme_zpsb3bd2b31.png photo Iam4_zps77f5bcca.png photo Recipes4_zps6a05acc2.png photo Workouts4_zps948d001c.png photo Sponsor4_zpsc35f02e8.png photo Contact4_zpse893080d.png

Monday, June 16, 2014

Double Chocolate Banana Bread

This is the bomb. That's all. I have always loved banana bread. I'm not necessarily a banana bread maker by any means, but if there's ever banana bread already made, I'm always down for a slice. I've always wanted to try to make a healthy banana bread recipe, but I've never really found one that looks super yummy. I came across this recipe from Bloglovin' and it most definitely wasn't healthy by any means so naturally I made it my own by substituting a lot of healthier options, and I must say it was delicious. Even my husband who isn't a big cake/bread/dessert fan loved it so I took that as a big compliment. You've got to try this! Who doesn't love banana bread and chocolate? Combine the two with a healthy twist and you've got a guilt free delicious treat!
Ingredients:
- 3 Medium/Large ripe bananas
- 1/2 C melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1 Large egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C oat flour
- 1/2 C coconut flour
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1 C dark chocolate chips




 Heat your oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with a nonstick baking spray.
Mash bananas in the bottom of a large bowl. (You’ll have a little over 1 cup mashed banana total.) Whisk in melted coconut oil, then honey, egg, and vanilla. Place baking soda, salt, cinnamon, flours and cocoa powder in a separate bowl as whisk to get rid of any lumps (could also use a sifter), then add to the wet ingredients. Stir dry and wet ingredients with a spoon until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.



Pour into prepared pan and bake 55 to 65 minutes, until a tester or toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out batter-free. (A melted chocolate chip smear is expected, however.) Cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then run a knife around the edge and invert it out onto a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.



The banana bread will keep for up to 4 days at room temperature. I keep mine wrapped in foil. It goes without saying that it has never actually lasted that long. Hope you love it as much as I did! 



 photo siggy_zps07ba18a6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment